Dr. Montessori's Litany

I remember long time ago I stumbled on something like a Montessori prayer. Then I lost it and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't find it. Recently I tried one more time and I had luck! Though it was not a Montessori prayer but Dr. Montessori's litany! 
"To have unbounded faith in children. To know that each child has great potential and to have the patience and wisdom to bring it forth. May love and understanding lead me."
The words that it contains are so inspirational and true to Montessori method. I could not find the origin of it, so I am not sure that it was written exactly by Maria Montessori, but that doesn't matter because this litany describes Montessori principles so perfectly.


We all need little reminders everyday to inspire us, to encourage us, to give us strength, to calm us, to show us the path if we got lost.
"To protect children always from my own nerves, from irritability, prejudice, pessimism, or fear, showing and practicing in their presence only the opposites. May love and understanding lead me."
I made the litany into a file and printed it out for myself. I hang it on the wall where I can see it often. I try to read some pieces of it every other day. It really helps me to be better and to feel better.

You can download this file for free also and print it for yourself.

How can you use it:

- hang it on the wall for inspiration
- put it into a frame and place on your work table
- hang it in your school for teachers to read in the morning
- hang it in your school hall for parents to read
- print it out for parents of your community
- put it into the assistance album for new teachers
"To help children choose the life work they are best fitted for. To stir up the gift that is in them. To discover the talent or talents that they truly have, the inner pattern that they came with. May real understanding lead me."
If you know about the origins of this litany please write me in comments. I am so curious to know more!

3 comments:

  1. I came across this and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for creating this PDF and for sharing it with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be careful about attributing something like this to Maria Montessori (or anyone else for that matter) without finding the reference. You wrote, "I am not sure that it was written exactly by Maria Montessori, but that doesn't matter because this litany describes Montessori principles so perfectly." But you see, it does matter. Keep searching for the reference. If it is really MM's you will find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you are right. I will make some corrections

      Delete